My Top Ten Songs of 2008
1) The Thrillseekers feat Fisher - The Last Time
Brilliant vocal trance tune. Very haunting chorus
"The time we touched, the last time you held me, I was a soul in your hand...
2) Fragma - Toca Me (Inpetto 2008 Mix)
(Interestingly they used a video from different mix of a song)
Okay, this actually came out at the very end of 2007. But officially released in 2008, and I'm still not sick of it.
3) Deadmau5 & Kaskade - Move For Me
I think Deadmau5 is a little overrated, but this song is very catchy
4) Eric Prydz - Pjanoo
(Got an official video, regular release is twice as long)
A few years ago had an interesting bootleg of a Stevie Winwood song (Call Me). But this is a piano driven house thumper
5) Cressida vs Store N Forward - Honeymoon at 6 am (Optimus Prime Mashup)
(only find half the song)
Takes two solid tunes and makes them into one great tune with just an amazing breakdown.
6) Ferry Tayle - Revanche (Kharybe Scylla Intro Mix)
(Couldn't find the mix)
As you can probably tell by the name, Ferry Tayle has always made the dreamier sort of trance. This is by far his best song. I love this mix, it opens with a piano
7) Mark Pledger vs Matt Hardwick feat Melinda Gareth - Fallen Tides
(Mat Zo Remix)
Haunting vocal trance tune.
8) Solar Stone - 4ever
Classic Solar Stone sound, despite only now being one member.
9) Trebbiano - Isle of May
Hard to describe song. Almost sort of breakbeat, but not quite. Kind of rythym driven though, housey. Melody sounds like it's done by an electric guitar
10) Myon & Shane 54 feat Carrie Skipper - Vampire
Originally just a Shane 54 song from a few years ago, never really caught on though it was a favorite of mine. But saw a (slight) remix and re-release in 2008. (Would be higher except it's not that new a mix)